Thursday, March 19, 2009

Appointment today; tweeting

Today we have an appointment with the plastic surgeon. We *hope* this means we'll have a firm date for the surgery by the end of the day.

I'm not such a fan-boy of my own life that I think there are thousands of people out there who have to know what I'm doing all the time. For this reason, I've never been a big fan of Twitter (http://twitter.com). Then again, I'm not Paris Hilton or of her ilk.

However, I think there can certainly be a use for a service like Twitter for some people/businesses who need to be connected in real-time.

I have a Twitter account (http://twitter.com/drmdwebb), which I set up mostly out of curiosity. Now the punchline: during Sherrie's surgery next week (hopefully next week), I'm going to update my Twitter account ("tweet") regularly. So, anybody who is interested in hearing about what's going on in real-time can follow me and get updates. I will of course update this blog later.

If you are interested in hearing about things in real-time on surgery day, set up a Twitter account (if you don't have one) then "follow drmdwebb" as they say in Twitter Land.

It seems the height of arrogance and self-aggrandizement to tweet, but as I said above, it may have its legitimate uses, and surgery day could be one.

Oh, and Paris Hilton has 12,495 followers as of this posting ;-)

UPDATE: I've added a Twitter gadget on the right; you can follow me from there.

No comments: